By Julia Drysdale
Here in part two of this blog I will give you even more amazing date ideas for people living in or around Guelph.
1. If it's spring or summertime go to the Mustang drive-in movie theatre just east of Guelph.
2. If you prefer watching your movies indoors and want to see something other than Hollywood blockbusters then check out the Bookshelf Cinema downtown. They show all kinds of different movies.
3. Practice your golf swing and go together to a local golf range.
4. Sign up for a cooking class together. Guelph has many places that offer adult cooking classes with food ranging from Indian to Italian and everything in between. I personally have only attended a cooking class at PC Cooking School at Zehrs Imperial. Other places that offer cooking classes include Goodness Me, La Cucina, Thyme to Cook, The Kitchen Door, and Guelph's Continuing Education Leisure and Interest courses.
5. Show off your new skills in the kitchen and host a dinner party.
6. Guelph has many superb restaurants if you want to go out for lunch or dinner. Some of Guelph's top restaurants include York Rd. Kitchen and Chocolate Bar, Baker Street Station, The Breadbar, With the Grain (for lunch only), Diwa Indian, The Cornerstone, Manhattans, Cherry Blossom Sushi, 39 Carden Street, and Buon Gusto.
7. For something different you try to escape from an escape room. Exitus Escape Rooms and Fantescapes Escape Rooms are local options.
8. Get outside and go for a hike. For info on local trails check out Guelph Kids Guide's hiking blog.
9. Enjoy laughing together at one of the comedy shows put on by The Making Box.
10. See who can get the highest score bowling at Woodlawn Bowl.
11. Indoor rock climb as a couple at Guelph Grotto.
12. Go stargazing on a clear night.
13. Plan and go on a mini road trip. Some options close distance to Guelph include St. Jacobs and Elora.
If you missed part one the first fourteen date ideas can be found here.